Diploma Mechanical Engineering (TU), MBA
Chief Operating Officer
- Expert in geothermal and drilling technology, with more than 25 years of professional experience.
- Thorsten is Technical Manager of the German Geothermal Association (Bundesverband Geothermie e.V.) and he is well connected in the German geothermal industry.
- Mr. Weimann has a diploma in Engineering (Technical University of Munich) and an MBA (Universities of Augsburg and Pittsburgh).
BA International Business, MA Green & Sustainable Business Environment, Risk Management
Chief Commercial Officer
- Vincent has over 10 years of commercial experience in the chemicals and mining industry.
- Vincent was previously Executive Director – Corporate Strategy at Infinity Lithium Corporation, where Vincent led the project to become the first to secure EU funding.
- Vincent was also appointed as a Lithium Expert by the European Commission.
- He previously worked at IHS Markit where he led the lithium and battery materials research team covering the entire industry’s supply chain from raw materials to E-mobility.
- Mr. Ledoux-Pedailles holds a Business Masters in Risk Management and International Purchasing from ESDES Business School in France.
Dr. Stephen Harrison
PhD Chemical Engineering, MSc Electrochemical Science
Chief Technical Officer
- A diverse multi-industry background in electrochemistry and lithium extraction, with thorough knowledge of all steps of industry process/product commercialisation in the lithium industry dating back to 1998.
- CTO of Simbol Materials for seven years (2008-2015), where he led the scientific and engineering teams through a rapid process development, taking less than one year to develop a process to extract lithium from geothermal brine, which is today recognised as the lowest cost production method to lithium hydroxide.
- As CEO of Rakehill Technology LLC, Dr. Harrison has since consulted to the lithium industry on various lithium extraction technologies including sorbents.
CA, CSA BComs Accounting & Finance
- Robert is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Secretary with over 20 years experience, predominately with ASX and AIM listed resource and oil and gas exploration and production companies.
- He has extensive experience in financial and commercial management including experience in corporate governance, debt and capital raising, tax planning, risk management, treasury management, insurance, corporate acquisitions and divestment and farm in/farm out transactions.
- Robert holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Curtin University, a Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance from the Governance Institute of Australia and a Graduate Certificate of Applied Finance and Investment from the Securities Institute of Australia
Chief Financial Officer – Vulcan Energie
- Markus has over 20 years’ experience in finance roles within the chemicals industry.
- Formerly Head of Finance at Currenta, a chemical park service provider in Germany, with ~EUR 1.7bn turnover, ~5,300 employees and ~EUR 250m EBITDA.
- Markus was also CFO of the Bayer Group of companies in South Korea, and prior to that was Head of Corporate M&A in the APAC region for Bayer.
BA, Law, Commerce
Company Secretary & In-House Legal Counsel
- Daniel is an experienced corporate lawyer with over 15 years’ experience across a wide range of corporate, commercial and finance areas including initial public offerings; equity and debt capital raisings; corporate regulatory compliance; asset and share sales and purchases; corporate governance; corporate restructuring and re-organisations; and litigation.
- Most recently, Daniel held a senior position at Steinepreis Paganin and prior to that, worked at Clayton Utz and Phillips Fox (now DLA Piper).
BA, Commerce (Marketing and Economics)
Head of Investor Relations (Public Relations APAC)
- Annabel brings over 18 years of experience as a global senior marketing, strategy and commercial leader working in green energy, agriculture and engineering industries across Australia and Europe.
- Powering and feeding the world in a sustainable way has always been Annabel’s core focus and this is exactly what she will continue to do at Vulcan Energy.
- Most recently Annabel worked at Fortescue Future Industries as Head of Corporate Affairs and previously European Hub Marketing Lead for Nufarm GmbH , based in Germany.