Your privacy is important to us
Vulcan Energie Ressourcen GmbH, hereinafter referred to as “Vulcan”, takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We want you to feel safe and comfortable when you visit our website.
Protecting your privacy when processing personal data and the security of all business data is important to us and we take this into account in our business processes. We process personal data that is collected when you visit our website confidentially and only in accordance with the statutory provisions.
We always endeavour to ensure that data is correct and up to date. Should incorrect information nevertheless be stored, please let us know. We will correct this immediately at your request.
Do you have any questions about data protection or would you like to object to the use of your data? Send us an e-mail at: email@example.com
1) Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
Vulcan Energie Ressourcen GmbH (hereinafter: Vulcan)
Amalienbadstr. 41, Building 52, 76227 Karlsruhe
Telephone: +49 721 – 570 44680
Represented by: Carsten Bachg, Markus Ritzauer, Thorsten Weimann
The contact person for data protection at Vulcan is
Dr Meinhard Grodde (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) General information when visiting the website
Each time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer.
The following data is retrieved in order to load the web pages correctly:
- Request (file name of the requested file) (e.g. www.beispiel.de/index.html)
- Browser type / version
- Browser language (e.g. German)
- Operating system used
- inner resolution of the browser window
- Screen resolution
- Java on / off
- Cookies On / Off
- Colour depth
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
- IP address – will be anonymised
- Time of access
- If applicable, form contents (for free text fields, e.g. name and password, only the information “filled in” or “not filled in” is transmitted).
However, the data is not stored in the log files of our system.
3) Contact forms
If you have questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address and your name so that we know who sent the enquiry and can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. Alternatively, you can contact us by e-mail at any time. Please note that our e-mail correspondence regarding your enquiry will initially be unencrypted.
If you use these options and contact us, we will use your data to answer your enquiries, to identify you if necessary and to correspond with you and, if necessary, to handle the registration process for events.
The legal basis for the associated data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR for contract-related enquiries. Otherwise, Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, based on our overriding legitimate interest in processing incoming enquiries efficiently and documenting the result of the processing in the event of queries and to fulfil accountability obligations.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your enquiry has been dealt with, unless other retention periods, e.g. commercial/tax obligations, require a longer retention period.
Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognised that you have already visited us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned to safeguard our legitimate interests and in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, completely deactivating cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5) Matomo analysis tool
We use the web analysis tool Matomo for our website. With the help of Matomo, we are able to collect and analyse data about the use of our website by website visitors.
We use IP anonymisation for the analysis with Matomo. This means that your IP address is shortened before it is analysed so that it can no longer be clearly assigned to you.
If you have given your consent via the cookie banner, the processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR or § 25 para. 1 TTDSG, insofar as the consent includes the storage of cookies or access to information in the user’s end device (e.g. device fingerprinting) within the meaning of the TTDSG. You can revoke your consent at any time.
6) Pre-contractual initiation or contractual relationship
We may also process your data as part of the contractual relationship that we are initiating or have with you. For this purpose, we collect and process the following data as standard
- Title, first name, surname,
- a valid e-mail address
- telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
- Information required for the fulfilment of the contract.
This data is collected
- to identify you as our contractual partner and to be able to communicate with you;
- for invoicing;
- other fulfilment in connection with our business relationship
The data processing is necessary for the purposes mentioned for the mutual fulfilment of obligations arising from the mandate agreement in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
The personal data collected by us will be stored until the expiry of the statutory retention obligation and then deleted, unless we are obliged to store it for a longer period in accordance with Article 6 (1) c) GDPR due to tax and commercial law retention and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO) or you have consented to further storage in accordance with Article 6 (1) a) GDPR. The retention period begins on 1 January of the year following the termination of the business relationship.
Vulcan takes security precautions to protect your data managed by us against manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons or unauthorised disclosure. The security of your personal data during data transmission is guaranteed by SSL encryption.
Our security measures are constantly being improved in line with technological developments.
In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you can object at any time to the collection, processing and use of your personal data on the basis of data collection in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR. Data that is required for the fulfilment of contractual obligations, billing and accounting purposes or is subject to statutory retention obligations is not affected by this.
9) Rights of data subjects (information, erasure, blocking, etc.)
You have the right to free information about your stored personal data, its origin and recipients and the purpose of the data processing as well as a right to correction, blocking or deletion of this data at any time. You can contact us by e-mail at any time with regard to this and other questions on the subject of personal data.
In particular, you have the right
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another controller
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing that was based on this consent in the future
to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at the registered office of our law firm.
10) Categories of recipients, transfer to third countries
We do not transfer your data to third parties unless we need them to carry out business processes or use them as part of an order processing agreement. These are, for example, shipping service providers, payment service providers, merchandise management service providers, service providers for order processing, web hosts or IT service providers. In all cases, we strictly observe the legal requirements.